Sunday, 26 July 2026

Summer Holiday....

....  On Wednesday 22/07/26 my Godson, Alan Collier, drove me the 200 mile journey to my wartime village of Dry Sandford near Abingdon, Oxon.
A nostalgic visit for me, where I was an evacuee 86 years ago. On the way we stopped at the lovely village of Spaldwick in Cambridgeshire for lunch.
In Dry Sandford I had a long talk with some good friends and visited the village church, where I sang in the choir in 1945.
On a visit to Abingdon we climbed the 100 steps to the top of the Museum. We then took a bus to Oxford visiting the lovely old covered market, several Colleges and watched several fishermen catching fish in the river.
We then spent two days visiting two of my nieces in Cheltenham.
From there we enjoyed a bus trip to Ross on Wye via Gloucester.
On our return journey home, on Sunday 26/07/26, we enjoyed a break in the journey at Bassingbourn Cum Kneesworth.
Uploaded Image Uploaded Image Uploaded Image Uploaded Image